To make the yard attractive and clear, you should be concerned about its maintenance. The natural rough and wild look will make it prone to pests, weeds, or other kinds of harmful garden insects. Well, for the purpose, the first thing you can think of buying is the lawn mower. However, selecting the best electric start lawn mower is not an easy task unless you are equipped with the technical knowledge on the subject.
- Top 10 Best Electric Start Lawn Mowers
- 1 – Husqvarna LC221FHE Self-Propelled Electric Mower (Best Pick 🥇)
- 2 – Black+Decker B00HH4K8E0 Cordless Lawn Mower
- 3 – GreenWorks 25022 Electric Lawn Mower Corded
- 4 – Honda HRR2110VLA Self-Propelled Electric Lawn Mower
- 5 – Oneinmil RV175D Electric Lawn Mower Self-Propelled
- 6 – Mowox MNA152613 Self-Propelled Electric Start Lawn Mower
- 7 – Lawn-Boy 17734 Electric Start Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- 8 – American Lawn Mower Company 50514 Black Electric Mower Corded
- 9 – Sun Joe MJ403E Lawn Mulcher/Mower
- 10 – Snapper P2185020E Electric Start Lawn Mower
- Best Electric Start Lawn Mowers Buying Guide
- How To Maintain Your Electric Start Lawn Mower?
- Some Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Best Electric Start Lawn Mowers
After thorough research and pre-equipment of certain knowledge, we came to declare electric start lawn mowers as one of the best. Considering their advantages and contribution to a clean and safe environment, we have formulated the buying guide and reviews section of the top 10 best electric start lawn mowers in 2020.
1 – Husqvarna LC221FHE Self-Propelled Electric Mower (Best Pick 🥇)
A phenomenal breakthrough product by Husqvarna, this self-propelled mower is known to be the best for satisfying all the garden grooming needs. Husqvarna is one of the leading brands to offer this attractive colored electric mower. It looks quite edgy and elegant with a mix of black, orange, and silver colors. The mower comes with height adjustment at four points to get desired results and prevent overcutting of grass.
While using the mower, nothing can save you from getting a trimmed, neat, and well-maintained lawn. The use of mower is wholly flexible to provide you the very ease of maneuverability. It is an all-round performer with a simple switch to reduce the time of starting the electric mower. It works great on all kinds of terrain, land, and grass with a premium four-wheel drive for accurate results.
- It is a push-button or self-propelled electric start gas lawn mower.
- The mower is equipped with a feature of the front-wheel-drive to save excess energy.
- There is a height adjustment feature of four points.
- Its rear wheels are high to have effective maneuverability and control.
- Some oil is also provided in the package, which you have to add in its gas tank.
- Includes height adjustment
- Attractive design
- No cons
2 – Black+Decker B00HH4K8E0 Cordless Lawn Mower
TheBlack+Decker presents us with a cordless lawn mower. In our list, it is the most lightweight electric mower with an average battery run-time at 45-60 minutes. The package is provided with two 40V Max Lithium-ion. For easy storage as well as handling, it comes with folding handles. As its power source is the battery, so it also comes with one LCS36 charger and two LBXR2040 batteries. This cordless facility is capable of maintaining your lawn properly. Some governments give out rebates when purchasing environment-friendly lawn equipment.
It can discharge, bag as well as mulch grass clippings. With the convenient use, you can also adjust the height settings at six points as per your desire. Its durability can be seen from the polymer material that will make it stand up for years. The battery almost takes 2 hours to get fully charged. Thus, two batteries provided are a handy option to use each with a runtime of 45 to 60 minutes.
- It is a cordless 40V Electric lawn mower.
- Two Max Lithium batteries are provided.
- There are a total of six height adjustment settings that offer cut between 1-1/10″ and 3-1/10″.
- A grass box with a capacity of 9.5 gallons is also designed and covered with a smooth fabric.
- Electrical accessories like batteries and chargers are also provided.
- Convenient to use
- Durable polymer construction
- Slow battery charging time
3 – GreenWorks 25022 Electric Lawn Mower Corded
The steel deck of 20-inches provides great ease within this electric lawn mower by GreenWorks. It is one of the best competitors of those gas-powered mowers. The mower comes with a 12 amp motor, so you do not need any gas or battery replacement. Thus, the people fond of their small lawns may go for this best pick with all the required features, including the comfortable rear-wheel drive.
By following a little maintenance routine, you can retain and save the mower in a better condition. This corded mower has a lot of strength to mow the thickest lawns. The weight is mentioned at 54 pounds, which is almost similar to other battery and gas lawn mowers. Its quiet operations and excellent performance persuade us to consider in our list of best picks.
- This corded electric lawn mower has a 12 amp motor.
- It has a 20″ cutting system width.
- Its front wheels are 7” whereas rear wheels are 10”.
- There is also a mulch/side discharge/bag.
- This corded electric mower has a cord length of 150’.
- Quiet operation
- No charging or gasoline required
- 3-year warranty
- Not self-propelled
- Cumbersome cord
4 – Honda HRR2110VLA Self-Propelled Electric Lawn Mower
Honda is a brand with the ultimate varieties of lawn mowers. This 21″ electric start lawn mower by Honda is known to give the best cut, and that is also within less time. Its structure is highly efficient, with five adjusting points for speed control. It is a 3-in-1 system with the bag, mulch, and discharge. An auto choke system is also designed to easily start the lawn mower without any typical choking of the engine.
While using this lawn mower, you are not required to plug any additional attachments for mulching bagging. It’s Smart Drive feature provides the option of flexible speed control. The weight of this lawn mower is almost 91lbs that will give you ultra-fine clippings. So, in a single electric lawn mower, you are getting both a reliable engine as well as an Auto-Choke system.
- It is a self-propelled electric start lawn mower by Honda.
- This mower contains 3-in-1 technology that can bag, mulch as well as discharge.
- Equipped with a trustworthy Honda GCV160 engine and an Auto-Choke system.
- It is designed with twin blades that use Micro-Cut System with four cutting system areas.
- With the adjustable control, you can adjust its variable speed from 0-4 mph.
- Manual shut-off valve for fuel
- Smooth drive
- Brake safety flywheel system
- Tires may be bit small
5 – Oneinmil RV175D Electric Lawn Mower Self-Propelled
Oneinmil offers a worthy deal of 21″ electric start and self-propelled lawn mower. The dome deck of 21″ provides a great facility of grass cutting in reduced time. It comes with an OHV 173.9CC gas-powered engine. The cutting heights of grass can be easily adjusted among eight position settings ranging from 0.98 to 2.95 inches. Thus, every feature of ease is provided by oneinmil lawn mower.
With this mower, there are no worries about waiting for hours to start it. Its Autochok capacity allows starting the lawn mower in one click of a push button. This is a notable advantage that you will find in each high quality self-propelled electric lawn mower. Along with it, the deck measurements are considerable. Overall, the ergonomic design with a facility of side discharge and mulching bagging feature can please a user.
- It is an electric start and a self-propelled lawn mower by oneinmil.
- The dome deck provides a cutting width of 21 inches.
- A total of eight cutting height settings are provided.
- The self-propel function operates on a stable high rear-wheel drive with different speed options.
- The design is built with a powerful OHV 173.9CC gas-powered engine.
- Easy to maneuverable
- Significant features of mulching bagging and discharging
- Customer-friendly after-sales services
- Self-propeller may get slow sometimes
6 – Mowox MNA152613 Self-Propelled Electric Start Lawn Mower
Mowox Self-Propelled Lawn Mower is one of the best with some unusual features. This hybrid model operates on a battery-electric start and is a gas-powered lawn mower. The powerful 163cc Briggs and Stratton engine provide plenty of usefulness to the mower. As for accessories, a charger and a lithium-ion battery are contained within the package.
The handling and design of this lawn mower are appreciative. Its rear one wheel drives also endow the machine to operate with a zero-turn radius. Unlike other lawn mowers, you will not get any oil supply within the box. However, the use of mower is simple as you need to swing it around on the front wheel.
- It is an electric-start self-propelled lawn mower that operates on almost 75 starts on one charge with an additional 20 starts in the case you have to charge it in middle session for about 10 minutes.
- It is designed with a powerful Briggs and Stratton engine.
- A charger and a portable lithium-ion battery are also provided with the package.
- The rear front-wheel drive allows the machine to operate successfully with a zero-turn radius.
- The front wheel drive of the mower can be turned around 360 degrees, which can also be locked to get those super-straight cuts.
- No requirement to lift the front wheel to make super-tight turns.
- Reliable and easy to start
- 3-in-1 features to mulch, bag, and side discharge.
- High carbon emissions
- Limited assembly instruction
- No cutting height settings
7 – Lawn-Boy 17734 Electric Start Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
A great electric lawn mower by Lawn-Boy comes with a convenient and super-easy start function. It is a lightweight and maneuverable mower that also comes with a pull cord to start the mower in case the electric start function gets dumped. Its 11 inches wheels provide great stability while working in the yard. This lawn mower also comes with a mulching option and bushel bag.
If you own a small to the medium yard, this electric start lawn mower may be the best option to be considered. However, its casing and height adjustment levers are not that strong, which may disturb if you are careless. Despite the limitations, the mower is compatible with providing an excellent mowing action.
- It includes cutting height adjustment with two points.
- Accessible to an electric start with just turn of a key.
- It also contains a 3-in-1 option of mulching bagging and discharging.
- Its cutting width is mentioned at 21 inches with a gas-powered source.
- Thus 6.5ft electric start mower runs on Kohler 149cc powerful engine.
- No hassle to start
- Evenly cuts the grass
- Easy to maneuver
- Only two height adjustment settings
- Easy to break
8 – American Lawn Mower Company 50514 Black Electric Mower Corded
The American Lawn Mower can cut all kinds of grass with a motor of 11 amp. The cutting width of 14” also provides for height adjustment settings ranging from 1” to 2.5”. This is a corded electric lawn mower backed with positive reviews from most users. Its motor has a gas-like power that is ideal for working in terrain with both grace and precision.
Well, American Lawn Mower Company is a renowned brand in the US with its positive traits. Almost 90% of efficiency can be experienced while using this mower. Although you have to go through a few more passes over the dense and thick grass, it cuts them well in your desired height settings.
- There are 2-in-1 features of mulching and discharge. A grass bag of 16 gals is also provided with an indicator for grass level and easy disposal.
- The motor of 11 amp is highly efficient in providing a clean alternative to the gas-like power.
- Multiple cutting height adjustments are supplied with a slim and compact handle folding frame.
- The mower is corded and lightweight, which is ideal to suit every kind of grass.
- Efficient motor
- Height adjustment settings
- Dull factory blades
- Not for large yards
9 – Sun Joe MJ403E Lawn Mulcher/Mower
The electric lawn mower by Sun Joe is a reliable mower with a 17-inch cutting blade. It is provided with seven cutting height settings with a rear collection bag of 12 gallons. Well, you can also install the mulch bag after removing its collection bag for mulching. This dual function is one of the best features offered in this lawn mower.
Furthermore, the affordable cost is another great advantage in the era of fierce competition. Unlike other mowers, there is not an issue of indication of full connection as it is also provided with this facility. This mower also offers convenient height selections with a rare chance for regular maintenance. Also, the support is effortless with no oil, gas, or other tune-ups.
- It is an electric lawn mower with 13 amp motor along with an instant start switch push button.
- A bagger and mulcher are also included.
- Almost seven cutting height adjustments are offered.
- There is a 12 gallons or 45 liters grass bag with an indicator.
- Its blades are made up of durable steel material to cut with precision.
- Compact design
- Suitable to all kinds of terrain
- Assembly instructions not clear
10 – Snapper P2185020E Electric Start Lawn Mower
Snapper Electric Lawn Mower offers the last but not least review on our list. It contains nice features such as high lift and rolling deck edge. This is a true 3-in-1 mower that can bag, mulch as well as side discharge. Moreover, the mower provides powerful performance with its reliable Briggs and Stratton 190cc Pro Series engine.
The speed of 4mph provides a quite high speed along with a drive transmission system. You need not have to suffer a lot for starting the mower with the easy push button’s quick start action. So, any choking or priming is not required. In case of typical problems like a dead battery, you can also start the mower with a pull cord provided along.
- As it doesn’t need any priming or choking, this mower is operated with powerful Briggs and Stratton 190cc engine 850 Pro Series.
- You can also control its engine output to match your application.
- The rear wheels equip 10-inch ball bearing to prevent any damage to the grass.
- The steel mowing deck is measured at 21 inches with 3-in-1 features.
- A total of 7 cutting height adjustments are also provided.
- Self-propelled efficient system
- Also allows adjusting the engine control
- Difficult assembly
Best Electric Start Lawn Mowers Buying Guide
There are certain factors you need to look for in an electric start lawn mower. To bag the right deal, consider the following qualities in your best electric start lawn mower.
What To Look For In A Best Electric Start Lawn Mower?
The premium quality lawn mowers are always designed with convenient and worthy features. You need to search and admire them as follows.
If you are looking for a lawn mower that can even handle complicated and vast terrains, then the weak engine will never fulfill your purpose. Thus, it is better to invest in a mower with a powerful engine system. However, if the yard is simple and plain, then a bit less strong engine can also work.
Grass Management Features
The grass that is being cut has to go somewhere. So, a mower with a good grass management system will look and work more attractively than others. The usual qualities of an efficient grass manager include the mulching, side discharge, and bagging. If these characteristics are present in your electric start lawn mower, then you are good to go with the convenient facility.
Adjustable height settings
Nowadays, you will find most lawn mowers with adjustable height settings. Then, what you have to look for here? It’s a convenience and simplicity of use that you have to consider. You should go for one that is easy to operate and comes with at least four height settings. As a matter of fact and statement by most experts, if you cut the grass less than 30% of its original height, it will have a severe impact both on the grass as well as the overall yard.
Self-Propelled vs. Push Mower
A state will come when you have to decide between a self-propelled and a push mower. Here, you have to consider both the cost as well as requirements. Although self-propelled mowers are a bit costly than push mowers, the cleaning of thick weeds or grass always requires to use self-propulsion. However, the yard is small and contains thin grass; then, you can save money by a push lawn mower.
Cutting Width and Deck Size
When we talk about cutting width, it refers to the deck size. It is usually measured in inches and determine the time required to cut grass in your yard. It is better to have the deck with impressive width measurements as it will quickly finish the cutting system in less number of passes.
How To Maintain Your Electric Start Lawn Mower?
Whether you are using a lawn mower for small yards, medium, or big yards, their maintenance is essential. Unless you maintain or regularly clean your electric start lawn mower, you will be deprived of particular efficiencies that might give you a top-notch performance otherwise. Check the points below to maintain your electric lawn mower.
- After use, you should clean the blades to remove soil or grass attached. It will help to prevent the dulling and erosion of instruments. The task can be done using wooden or plastic tools and not without hand gloves to avoid damage.
- By using the same tools, you should clean the beneath of the mower deck also. Remember to prevent metal tools that could chip away the paint from the deck.
- Always be alert regarding the power cable. Check for damage, nicks, or any exposed wires and adequately repair them after following the safety instructions.
- Also, check for loosened bolts or nuts within the system. So, check every fastener after use.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Electric lawn mower systems work on electrical starters. Unlike recoil starters, users of an electric mower do not need to pull the rope and start the system. There is either a battery or an electrical plug that ultimately charges the motor, which spins to turn its crankshaft. Thus, an electrical process is followed to operate an electric start lawn edger mower instead of using the traditional pulley system.
A good quality electric start lawn mower will always last for around 55 minutes or a little bit more than one hour. So, you can recharge it after the battery gets drained the start enjoying its clean and environment-friendly features again.
Electric lawn mowers do not require any petrol or oil to function. Although they may require occasional lubrication for the engine but the fuel used is far different as compared to gas engines.
As an experienced lawn boy, I can tell you that Ready Start is a renowned technology devised by Briggs and Stratton gas engines to start a push mower quickly. Some electric start lawn mowers also come with pull cords to start in case of battery drainage or any similar kind of emergency. There is nothing like choking or priming with a ready start technology. The user has to pull the cord to bring the mower into power. They may need a lawn mower blade sharpeners for the consistent use.
There could be several technical reasons that your electric start lawn mower is not working. For the purpose, you should check for the tripping of both GFCI and the circuit breaker. Another factor you can check for is whether the battery has been charged or not, or whether the push key has been inserted or not. Even if the engine is flooding or you have not filled the tank with fresh fuel, this could also be a great reason.
Taking them as a necessity, electric start lawn mowers are appreciable and better lawn keepers. You would need to mow the lawn once or twice a week. Otherwise, see the possible adverse effects over your lawn. However, they are not cheap but an efficient investment if you consider the future costs as well as safe environment use.
This list of Top 10 best electric start lawn mowers will help you save lots of money as we have included only the better quality, energy-saving, and convenient to use lawn mowers. So, make your choice from the best riding lawn mowers with convenient start function.