Having a lovely backyard or landscape inside your house can give a beautiful experience every day. When it comes to maintenance of such yards, then electrical corded mowers serve the best purpose. The number one fact which makes it more compelling is the non-requirement of any oil or gas for its operation. This saves a lot of money for everyone who loves gardening. Being flexible, these corded mowers can be taken around in the yards anytime. Investing in the best corded electric lawn mower can make your gardening task super easy and fun.
- Top Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower of 2020
- 1 – Greenworks Cord Electrical Mower For Lawns (Best Pick 🥇)
- 2 – Black + Decker Corded 20 inch Mower Lawn
- 3 – Sun Joe Electric Side Discharge Lawn Mower
- 4 – WORX 20inches AMP Lawn Mower Electrical
- 5 – Greenworks Electrical Corded 18inches Mower For lawns
- 6 – American Lawn Mowing Electrical Black Mower
- 7 – Earthwise Cord Electrical Mower For Lawns
- 8 – Black+ Decker 15 inches Grass Mower Electrical
- 9 – Goplus Grass Cutting Lawn Collection 14 inches Mower
- 10 – Black + Decker 15inches Electric Cord Mower 10 AMP
- Complete Buying Guide Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Top Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower of 2020
Experts and garden professionals have always recommended the electrical mowers as the smartest tool in gardening. In this article, we are presenting experts and garden professionals choice for the top ten best corded electric mowers in 2020 with specific features. This will help you to form a clear idea about the product before investing in them.
1 – Greenworks Cord Electrical Mower For Lawns (Best Pick 🥇)
If you have a small to the medium-sized backyard, here is a quality tool for you. This durable and robust corded lawn mower can give your lawn a makeover in a secure yet effective manner. Owing to its lightweight, it is quite handy and can get rid of the excess growth of grass like a breeze. Now you can travel to the hardest corners of your lawn. This electrical unit can save time as it indulges in safe and neat grass chopping.
The 3-1 feature of this tool makes it very convenient to do mulching, side discharges, and rear bag. It allows adjusting the mowing height setting from 1 -1/2 and 3.5-1/2 inches for all types of grasses. Also, there is a foldable handles present, which makes the entire process of mowing fun.
- Suitable for all sized gardens or lawns
- Robust engine
- Storage bag included
- Ergonomic bending designed handle
- The heavy-duty long cord is a significant advantage for mowing in different corners around the lawn.
- Easy assembling of this electrical mower is possible in less time
- No annoying sound or vibration while the grass cutting operation takes place.
- Few users have noticed it’s hard to maintain the product. Especially the motor starts getting dirty soon.
2 – Black + Decker Corded 20 inch Mower Lawn
This electric corded lawn mower is a fantastic product for mulching, discharging, and rear bagging. It comes with a 7-setting height adjustment feature, which allows the user to alter the cutting height of the grass. The foldable handles are perfect for carrying the unit and storing it in place. If the lawns or yards are full of thick and dense grass, change the setting level accordingly. This will save you time, and faster grass chopping will be done.
It has 21-.5 inches work width gives it an edge over any other electric powered mowers. Also, it comes with a 13-gallon grass collection bagging accessory, which is made of nylon to keep the grass keeping in check. Overall it’s a smart garden tool that can be used for multiple purposes like farming, agriculture, etc.
- Wide cutting path is present
- Easy height adjustment is possible with settings
- Nylon bag included
- The sharp blades can make the cutting method smooth. Tall and thick grasses can be chopped nicely.
- Wheels have a large diameter, so it makes the mower to move easily
- Users have loved the large storage bag which came along with the device.
- Few parts of the mower were found flimsy after working for some time.
- Quality of this grass chopper is not much impressive
3 – Sun Joe Electric Side Discharge Lawn Mower
If you are looking for a powerful yet easy to use a lawn mower, we have got you covered with this exciting model. You can achieve that perfect manicured look with this mower because of its precision and its 3-position height settings control. The mower instantly starts with a simple push-button, and its wheels are designed to move around all-terrain places. This rotary lawn mower with the right work area is well qualified for every small garden. With a durable stamped deck, it offers excellent balance, cutting ability, and maneuverability. Compact in size, this lawn mower takes up less storage space than other lawn mowers in the market.
- Powerful engine system
- Sharp blades (14inches)
- Height adjustable
- Electric source of energy
- Compact design
- Brilliant gardening equipment for small yards as compared to other similar items
- Affordable with a high-end quality
- Consistent grass cutting is possible
- For tall grasses, the blades work fine
- Some buyers have faced issues with the built of the wheels. They stopped a few times while working.
- The cutting width is nothing special as users have experienced issues during summer-time mowing.
4 – WORX 20inches AMP Lawn Mower Electrical
For small to medium yard owners, this is one of the best battery operated mower in the market. It allows you to have a beautiful garden in a smooth, effortless, environmentally friendly way. The caster wheel design helps to tackle and get into those hard to reach spots. Moving the rear wheels along the bumpers through the landscape for the fine lining is possible smoothly.
The latest 3-in-1 feature gives you more options for better landscaping. You can choose the speed of the grass cutting by changing the height settings. At the end of the specification, it comes with a smooth start switch with multiple cutting height adjustments and a collapsible handle for convenient storage. This highly recommended product as it gets your yard chore done without polluting the atmosphere with harmful carbon emissions.
- Steel induced deck for cutting
- Multiple height setting
- Comforting handle
- The wheel design is superb
- Great for small gardens
- Exceptional quality product with an incredible engine base
- It is easy to assemble and use for gardening
- The wheels are sturdy and smoothly moves in various directions while cutting the grass
- With the help of sharp blades, thick grasses can be finely chopped in less time.
- Users have found design faults in the product. The wheels are not much good quality. They tend to stop movement anytime while mulching.
5 – Greenworks Electrical Corded 18inches Mower For lawns
This lawn mower is a practical option for anyone who is looking for a standard model with excellent cutting ability. It is best suited for small to medium-sized backyards. With an 18-inch cutting deck, this tool can cut broad areas of grass on every pass. The 2-in one feature of mulching and discharging makes it versatile. Its rear wheels provide smart maneuverability even on rough and uneven terrain. Smooth to run and reliable to use, this mower will whack all the grass at a single push of the start button. You can avoid the maintenance of gas-fueled mowers now by replacing it with this electric corded one.
- High quality
- Ideal for small and medium lawns
- The cutting width of 18 inches
- Rear wheels found
- Electrical source
- Both lean and thick grass cutting is possible with this mower
- Light in weight increases the portability of this electrical grass chopper.
- Durability is one of the significant disadvantages.
6 – American Lawn Mowing Electrical Black Mower
This 11-inch cutting deck mower can tackle any mowing job in a small garden. The cutting deck is made of steel, and the mower offers side discharge and mulching. It is both lightweight and compact and can also handle multiple height positions. Easy to lift and move or store. It is equipped with a 16-gallon grass bag that conveniently collects grass clippings and detaches easily for quick disposal. Considering the extremely reasonable price, this thing is a no brainer. If you are looking for an alternative to non-environmental mowers, this electric lawn mower is robust, consistent, and quiet.
- Lightweight design
- A cutting width of 11 inches
- Steel content
- Sharp blades
- Consistent grass chopping
- Noise and vibration-free grass cutting is experienced
- Safety buttons and auto set up feature is excellent
- Issues faced due to the length of the cord.
- Users have opined the blade size is not adequate for cutting heights
- The storage bag does have a weak locking system in this product. Therefore storage problem exists.
7 – Earthwise Cord Electrical Mower For Lawns
If you have a cute small yard and think a corded mower is enough for your requirement, then you should be looking into this affordable, 20-inch steel deck lawnmower. The machine’s cutting height adjustment ranges from 1.75”- 4” and has 7-front wheels, which ensure smooth movement around the yard. It is also equipped with the 3-in-1 feature for bagging, discharge, mulching. The handle is padded for extra grip to minimize tension. This lightweight yet durable power machine can tackle larger mowing jobs without a struggle. The cord might take some time getting used to, but learning and using a few techniques will benefit the mowing process.
- Robust engine
- Ideal for small yards
- Cutting height adjusting feature
- Foam handle
- Durable in nature
- The mulching feature is superb with this mower
- Fantastic quality product at an affordable range
- The chord is not as impressive for the grass chopping
- Not much effective for tall grass cutting
8 – Black+ Decker 15 inches Grass Mower Electrical
Ideal for small to medium-sized yards, this electric lawn mower can be a viable option for all. The mower is ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip and seamless steering. It comes with six height settings adjustment for balanced control and even cutting. The lightweight and push starter button permits a well-précised cut, keeping the noise level extremely low. The winged blades are included for improved cutting and collection. High torque, the high-performance system maintains a quality cut even in the long or damp grass. And last but not least, its eco-friendliness makes it a better choice than the old contemporary land mowers in the market.
- Compact design
- Suitable for medium and small lawns
- Excellent performance
- Eco-friendly product
- Height setting adjustable
- Fast and easy to assemble the mower
- Raising the height and cutting grass is possible smoothly
- Quite affordable product
- Issues of cord falling from the mower were experienced in few cases
- The bad has no amount of space for storage purposes.
9 – Goplus Grass Cutting Lawn Collection 14 inches Mower
Bring the newest technology-based lawnmower in your house. There is a brilliant power setting movement in this electrical mower. You can change the cutting pattern of the grass with your desired choices. Mostly there is three height adjusting feature button which can help in fast grass chopping. There is also the presence of a safety lock that acts as a switch for starting the electrical mower. The sharp blades in it are capable of fine grass trimming. Various shapes of the blades are inserted in this mower to cut the grasses according to their thickness level.
A powerful engine that has a capacity of 1200 W is found for the rapid operation of the landscaping. The wheels are flexible with a quick movement. There is a small storage box that will come along in this kit. You can easily detach this box whenever required during the cutting process.
- Power setting
- Height adjustable
- Three buttons for varying cutting
- Safety lock installed
- Storage facility bag
- Assembling the machine takes less than 5 minutes
- It is light in weight so that users can carry it safely to different corners for safe grass chopping without much effort.
- Rear wheels are sturdy and move fast.
- Few users have faced difficulty with a start-up button to begin the mowing.
10 – Black + Decker 15inches Electric Cord Mower 10 AMP
The manufacturers have composed this electrical mower with a brilliant height and width setting feature. You can change the grass cutting method with this technique. Six total settings are installed in it. You can cut the grasses till the width of 1-1/11 to 3.5-1/2 inches, respectively. For ensuring that the user can get a neat grass cutting, there is the presence of an edge cutter. It is small and compact in shape. Any individual can use it for trimming and removing shrubs from their lawns. There is another function of 25% reduced emptying that is guaranteed by this mower. In addition to this grass chopping tool, you will get bad for accumulating all the dry leaves, boulders, etc. This bag can either be of cotton or plastic-based, depending on the scope or availability.
- Width setting available
- Grass cutting ranges 1-1/11 to 3.5-1/2 inches
- Clean gardening tool
- Suitable for small yards
- Nylon or cotton bag included
- Vacuum processing is faster with this mower in the garden.
- It helps to chop the tall, dense grasses
- Being weightless ensures that you can cut the grass neatly to different areas in the yard.
- No noise or vibration comes out while the grass cutting is done.
- Few users have faced issues with the durability of this gardening tool. Customers have added that the electrical mower is impressive during the beginning of the operation.
Several lawn mowers are available in the market. Choosing the best corded electric lawn mower can unquestionably be the best idea for a comfortable mowing experience. Before investing, we recommend our readers to go through all the necessary online specifications about the mower. It can help them to understand their gardening needs, and they can also avail discounts.
Complete Buying Guide Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower
Lawns make even the tiniest house look bright and gay with their lush greenery. The concept that gardens and parks are for bungalows and villas have become outdated, with an increase in gated-community homes that have plants and trees surrounding the building wheresoever be its location. Gardening now has become a profession more than a hobby due to its several advantages-right from being a beneficial physical activity to helping individuals grow their organic veggies enriched in nutrients. A smooth, green lawn is every gardener’s desire, but to achieve this, the right lawnmower is very much critical.
A gardener ought to have various tools and equipment in his/her garden to enable proper maintenance and growth. It is generally seen that most green spaces include a vast lawn, which is maintained in tip-top condition by a bandana-headed gardener who diligently mows and takes care of it. To do this all, a lawnmower in excellent working condition is integral.
Different types of lawn mowers come with varying options of power, the best of which is the corded electric lawn mower that makes the mowing experience pleasurable devoid of the constant need to feed gas to the engine. It speeds up the mowing process too.
How Does a Corded Electric Lawn Mower Work?
There are electric, gas, and battery-powered lawnmowers, and choosing any of them depends on your purpose. A corded electric lawnmower is the best option if you are planning to purchase one with the longest running time. Any electric lawn mower consists of a chassis and a motor that’s attached to the chassis. The frame also contains a battery receptacle and a DC circuit that’s directly attached to the chassis. The engine is also connected to the cutting blade to cut the grass every time the blade rotates.
The corded lawn mower offers various deck widths-anywhere between 14 and 20-inch cutting paths with more significant wider cutting paths providing the user the pleasure of minimizing the number of trips required to mow the lawn. But this comes at a fancy price, and you need to decide for yourself whether you are ready to shell out more money for this. Once the grass is cut, it is essential to collect the cut off trims, or it depends on the individual if he/she would prefer to leave it on the ground as a fertilizer for the soil.
The corded electric lawn mower comes with the facility to assist the user in both these methods boasting of a 2-in-1 or a 3-in-1 design. In the 2-in-1 design, there is a rear discharge chute that helps in disposing of longer grass and also a mulching setting that allows the trimmed grass particles to reach the ground below the mower serving as a fertilizer. The 3-in-1 design, besides providing the facilities mentioned above, also comes with a collection bag that neatly collects the clippings ensuring that there is no debris left on the lawn. The idea of bagging unwanted grass trimmings is exciting, but it is noted that corded electric mowers perform well as mulching mowers.
Corded Mowers Require an Extension Cord
The electric lawn mower comes in both cordless and corded varieties, each establishing its presence in the market with various pros and cons. The main criteria to choose either of the two is the lawn size. If you have a small yard that comes with a plug outlet facility within reach, it is advisable to go for a corded lawnmowers without a doubt. That’s because a corded mower has a lightweight design, has a continuous power supply, and is relatively cheaper.
You can use a corded electric mower instantly without having to charge it by merely plugging it. You needn’t worry about charging the batteries or refilling gas too. Their work output is also better as they easily cut through thick grass. But on the downside, these corded mowers have a limited range, can get easily tangled, reducing work output and increasing the time taken to mow, and there is always the concern that one does not stamp over it and cause damage. Though a corded mower might seem to be challenging to handle initially once you get the hang of it, there is always the luxury of completing work efficiently in an inexpensive way.
Why Choose A Corded Electric Lawn Mower?
With numerous lawnmower varieties available in the market, what makes the corded electric lawn mower stand apart from the rest?
Though there are still some individuals who feel good about trimming the lawns manually, reading further would change their minds.
- The corded electric lawn mower is suitable for mowing the lawns day or night as it is noiseless and helps you work quietly at your preferred time of day. Creating not more than 75 dB noise, this is the best pick for you as it keeps your neighbor happy too without any noise coming from it.
- It is environment-friendly, making it a top pick among buyers.
- Without any gasoline emitted from the mower, the electric variant keeps the user off lung problem risks.
- Low maintenance requires only cleaning. Lighter and user-friendly, the mower can be propelled forward and backward faster and also doesn’t cause much strain to the person using it
- Above all, they are cheaper to use without the need to buy gasoline, pay for fuel filter or spark plug replacements
How to Choose the Best-suited Corded Electric Lawn Mower?
One specific variant of the corded electric lawn mower might be the best critically appreciated machinery, but this might not be suitable for your lawn. Surprised? This is very true as the type of mower that is best suited for your requirement is based on several factors such as lawn space, your budget, and more. With the rising demand for corded electric land mowers, numerous manufacturers are coming up with different models to woo the user. But not all of them are successful nor of good quality. Given below are some of the significant factors to consider before finalizing on a corded electric lawn mower variant.
Deck Size & Cutting swath
This is one of the crucial factors to consider when trying to choose a lawn mower. This includes finding the width of the lawn mower’s cutting swath. Wider decks have the advantage of mowing the lawns in fewer rounds, thereby helping you save time and effort tremendously. But more extensive decks are also disadvantageous as they make the mower heavier. This causes difficulty in moving it around, and it is recommended that you don’t choose a wide deck mower unless your lawn has thicker grasses.
Mind the Height
Beauty is different from each one’s perspective and grass to looks beautiful or ugly, depending on the specifications demanded by the individual. Some love to maintain minimal grass height while some others like it are tall. Height adjustment is a significant factor to consider before choosing any corded electric land mower, as this can help you win or lose in the mowing process.
Expert recommendations suggest that it is not advisable to cut grass to less than 30% of its overall height, failing, which will weaken the entire grass structure. Choose a mower that offers various cutting height adjustment options as this also reduces the risk of grass disease.
Expelling Trimmed Grass
It is good to trim the grass, but what are you going to do with the debris? Grass management is yet another critical point to consider before choosing a mower. Look at all the management options and finalize a variety, depending on the type of grass you have on the lawn. Choose to expel grass clippings from the side discharge, mulch the clippings back into the lawn as a fertilizer or collect it diligently in a rear bag to dispose of it later. Different mowers offer single, either two or all three options, with the last one being most expensive than the rest. Go for one that has both bag and mulch facility.
You cannot proceed further with a corded electric land mower without buying right extension cords that use electric current as of its power source. The length of the extension cord determines the radius of the lawn that could be mowed using it with powerful corded mowers producing quality output.
Cord length should be between 50 and 100 feet with a 12-14 gauge thickness when used for small to medium yards. A high-rated extension cord assists in mowing the lawn as long as you like. The rating depends on the size of the wire with lower numbers/amperes, indicating thicker wires and ensuring more power supply through the cord.
Any lawn mower should have extensive safety features, and it depends on your ability to choose a corded electric lawn mower that offers the below-mentioned safety features:
- Auto shutoff
- Reduced noise
- Buy the best cord type
- Ensure the mower comes with safety bars
Choose a mower that runs between 3000 and 3500 rpm for maximized performance. Besides cutting deck level control and cutting diameter, it is ideal to ensure that the mower is compact-this avoids large space occupation by the machine for which a mower with foldable cutting blades is preferred. Cutting blades are the heart of the device and always go for one that’s performance-oriented and razor-sharp.
Decide upon your preferred grass height and pick a mower that has options for different height settings. Wheel size is also essential; more comprehensive the wheels more comfortable is the navigation. Choose an electric mower that has high duty ampere (6-13 amperes) motor for best results. But before choosing all the specifications, set your budget and look for a machine that satisfies your requirements within the budget.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
A plug should be connected with the extension cord of the electric mower. With the help of the plugin key, the mower starts working.
Electrical corded mowers are safe, eco-friendly, and reduce the cost of buying oil or gas. These are much better as compared to gas owned mowers.
Depending on the quality and your usage, a standard corded lawn mower can stay well for 10-11 years approximately. In the case of electric mowers, the battery life might last until 4-5 years.
During rain or any wet condition of the grass, it is always advised not to use the electrical mowers.
Firstly you have to check the power connection of the mower. After that, you can either replace or reset the faulty fuses. Segregation of all the attached parts of the mower is required, for example, the bags, etc. Check the motor system and then connect the mower with the power supply.
For small yards or lawns, the electric mowers are better over the gas-induced mowers. Again, for corded electrical mowers, an individual does not need to pay for oil or gas. It requires fewer maintenance costs in regards to gas mowers.
Even after comparing and matching various mowers, their specifications, and your budget, there might still be confusion existing in most of you as to which variant to finalize. Once again, my suggestion would be to narrow down your specifications, prioritize the most important ones and choose one that satisfies both your specifications and the budget. Single out mowers depending on their cutting diameter, cutting blade, storage requirements, and power consumption.
Analyze your garden area and decide to improve overall efficiency. You have made the right choice to go for a corded electric lawnmower, which makes you an environment-friendly person. Now, keep up this spirit in you by making a correct call with the type of the best corded electric lawn mower too.