If you are a woodworker by profession then you should be familiar with the ease of cutting woods using the best track saw. Many buyers wonder, why the best track saws appear to be more popular than the circular saw! Well track saws work in a similar style to circular saws but there are no exposed blades that rotate around the arbor; rather the best track saw comes with hidden blades that effectively make plunge cuts anywhere in the wooden piece. Buying the number one wood cutting gadget is a tiresome work as it will take you hours to filter the best track saw 2023.
As per Chicago Tribune, during the COVID-19 outbreak, nearly 81% of the carpenters have invested in the best track saw that ranges from $100 to $999. If you are likely to buy standard guide rail saws then visit a reputed eCommerce store like Amazon where you will get ample options for best track saws 2023. To restrict the spread of the coronavirus outbreak it would be wise not to indulge in outside contacts rather enhance the DIY skills by applying the best track saw system. Therefore check out the top 10 reviews of the best track saw and purchase the best item from Amazon.
- Top 10 list of the best track saw in 2023
- Bosch Tools Track Saw
- SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
- WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut Sidewinder Circular Track Saw
- Evolution Power Tools R185CCSX 7-1/4″ Multi-Material Circular Track Saw
- Triton TTS1400 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Track Saw
- Adaptive Cutting System Plunge Saw
- Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw
- Grizzly Industrial T10687 – 6-1/4″ Track Saw
- Grizzly Industrial T10824-4-1/2″ Mini Track Saw
- DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
- The best track saw in 2023: From the editor’s desk
- How to use the best track saw?
- Different types of power saws to enrich your knowledge
- Important things to consider while purchasing the best track saw
- Have you fixed your budget?
- What is your purpose?
- Do you prefer the best brand for your purchase?
- What eCommerce store you generally prefer?
- Do you want special saw features?
- Have you ever thought of exchanging your old cut track saw with a new one?
- Is your table saw returnable?
- Do you wish to pay the delivery fee?
Top 10 list of the best track saw in 2023
Bosch Tools Track Saw
Special features of Bosch Tools Track Saw
- This is a corded electric track saw from the house of BOSCH.
- You can buy this track saw with plunge-action, as it provides fast and accurate cuts on wooden materials such as laminated particle boards and plywood.
- The overload protection will notify you to reduce the workload. This is undoubtedly a helpful feature.
- The dust collecting system is appreciable. To enjoy this feature you will need to connect a suitable vacuum cleaner to the appliance.
Pros of Bosch Tools Track Saw
- The cool features: Unlike other track saws with this appliance you can easily maintain the velocity as required.
- The overload protection system: This is an essential system that notifies you about overload to restrain the machine from getting overheated. In this way, you keep unwanted mishaps at bay.
- Dust extraction: While cutting plywood or other wooden materials dust is generated and messes up the entire area. To skip this hassle you can attach a suitable vacuum cleaner to the appliance and collect all the dust.
- Impressive outcome: Using this plunge cut best track saw 2023 you can make an accurate one-step clean finish plunge cut with apt depth.
Pros of Bosch Tools Track Saw
- The track: You will have to buy the track separately.
- Square cuts: You will find it difficult to make square cuts using this BOSCH track saw.
SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
Special features of SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
- With fantastic blade rim speed (9070 feet per minute) this track saw provide accurate cuts to the wooden sheets.
- The dust collection system works efficiently. All you need to attach a suitable vacuum cleaner to the dust port.
- You can carry this lightweight track saw to various outdoor work locations.
- The diameter of the arbor and blade is 20mm and 160 mm respectively.
Pros of SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
- High accuracy: The powerful blades make accurate cuts as expected.
- Impressive outcome: This product is adept in running even on the old grizzly tracks.
- Convenient to use: If you are a home woodworker then you can easily split long plywoods using this best track saw.
- Prevents splinters: For splinter-free cuts, you can consider buying this powerful track saw.
Cons of SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
- The undersized motor: The motor is undersized and acts inefficiently.
- The blunt blades: The blunt blades take time to cut the wooden sheets.
WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut Sidewinder Circular Track Saw
Special features of WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut Sidewinder Circular Track Saw
- To enjoy splinter-free cuts buy this 10 amp motor circular track saw. This smart appliance makes 45 degrees bevel cuts having 1-5/8 depth.
- Using this track saw you can work on ripping boards and make internal plunge cuts effectively.
- This track saw is equipped with a 24 toothed tipped blade. The diameter of the arbor and blade is 20mm and 165 mm respectively.
- For DIY initiatives, this track saw appears to be the perfect model.
Pros of WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut Sidewinder Circular Track Saw
- High-quality material: You will fall in love with the quality of this anti-kickback circular track saw.
- User-friendly settings: If you want to avoid saws with complicated operations, then buying this appliance will be the right decision.
- The sharp blades: The powerful and sharp blades are enough to chop through solid wooden materials accurately.
- Apt for DIY techniques: If you are a home woodworker then you will find this wood cutting machine very useful.
Cons of WEN CT1065 10-Amp 6.5-Inch Plunge Cut Sidewinder Circular Track Saw
- The separate track saw kits: With this plunge cut saw, you will have to pay differently for track clamps, and guide rails.
- The motor: The low-quality motor often malfunctions and irritates the user.
Evolution Power Tools R185CCSX 7-1/4″ Multi-Material Circular Track Saw
Special features of Evolution Power Tools R185CCSX 7-1/4″ Multi-Material Circular Track Saw
- This is a powerful corded track saw with 40 teeth. The hi-torque 15 amp motor effectively cut 2-1/2 inches depth accurately.
- The ergonomic handles provide the users with a powerful grip while running the motor.
- With this appliance, you will receive a 40 inches track, durable 7-1/4 inch blades, and dust extraction adaptor and port.
- There are 3 years of limited warranty for this circular track saw.
Pros of Evolution Power Tools R185CCSX 7-1/4″ Multi-Material Circular Track Saw
- Impressive outcome: The sharp 7-1/4 inch blades are quite effective in making accurate cuts and sharp edges.
- The warranty: Unlike other appliances, this best track saw offers 3 years limited warranty to the user.
- Spare accessories: With this saw, you will get a dust port, adaptor, blades, and 40 inches track.
- The handle: The soft ergonomic handle eases your hands while implementing this machine of the workpiece.
Cons of Evolution Power Tools R185CCSX 7-1/4″ Multi-Material Circular Track Saw
- The motor: The engine fails to assist the machine in the long term.
- Accuracy issues: The blades miss the track line and make inaccurate cuts so often.
Triton TTS1400 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Track Saw
Special features of Triton TTS1400 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Track Saw
- With the comfortable handles, this Triton product makes accurate plunge cuts in minutes.
- The dust collection system is equipped with a port and adaptor with 360 degree rotating abilities.
- To run this best track saw you will need either a TTST1500 track or a TTSTP track for the operation.
- With this premium, plunge track saw you get a dust outlet adaptor, a 48TCG saw blade, and a pair of carbon bushes.
Pros of Triton TTS1400 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Track Saw
- Unparalleled accuracy: When it comes to the pros of this Triton product, there is a lot to mention. With this spring-loaded track saw you can make accurate plunge cuts at variable speed.
- The Adapter: The dust cleaning feature comes with a 360-degree rotating adapter.
- You get several accessories with this device: You will receive a dust outlet adapter, a 48TCG saw blade, and a pair of carbon bushes along with this track saw.
- Compatible accessories: Several compatible accessories that you can get with this appliance are, TTSCB1500, TTSSB, TTSPG, TTSWC, TTSCB700, TTSTC, TTSAG, and TTSDES.
Cons of Triton TTS1400 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Track Saw
- Quality matters: The low-quality material is disappointing. Hence, always remember to go through the track saw review 2023 before giving your word.
- Buy the tracks: You will have to invest in the TTST1500 or TTSTP track separately.
Adaptive Cutting System Plunge Saw
Special features of Adaptive Cutting System Plunge Saw
- You can make precise straight plunge cuts with this powerful saw. You can cut wooden sheets, plywood, and melamine with this circular saw.
- This solid track saw is equipped with anti-kickback control, retracting blade, electronic blade brake, and a riving knife.
- Apart from providing premium cutting visibility, this gadget comes with blade left design which is optimized for the right-handed users.
- With this best track saw you can cut 1 1/2 -inches at 45 degrees and 2 1/8 at 90 degrees.
Pros of Adaptive Cutting System Plunge Saw
- The powerful motor: The strong 12 amp motor appears to assist this plunge saw for years.
- The user-friendly control: As stated above this gadget is empowered with anti-kickback control, retracting blade, electronic blade brake, and a riving knife you get wonderful control over the machine while chopping through the plywoods. All these specifications encourage a user-friendly setting that is easy to understand.
- Durability: You can think of buying this appliance due to its premium material and durability.
- Accuracy: With this robust track saw you can easily make cuts accurately.
Cons of Adaptive Cutting System Plunge Saw
- Heavyweight: You can skip this product if you wish to buy a lightweight best track saw for the money.
Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw
Special features of Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw
- The Festool track saw is a fantastic product that enables you to make precise cuts using Festool guide rails.
- To restrict the material from pinching the blade there is a spring-loaded riving knife.
- You can buy this woodcutter machine undoubtedly as the antistatic function system prevents kickbacks.
- This plunge cut track saw is adored with a fast-fix system that enables you to change the blades and arbor bolt swiftly.
Pros of Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw
- Impressive result: With 48 teeth, you can easily crop plywoods appropriately using this plunge cut track saw.
- No kickback: the updated antistatic function restricts kickbacks and ensures safety.
- Simple settings: Several users want to avoid complex specifications. For this reason, this track features only simple settings.
- Up-to-date: Unlike other track saws, this device appears to be modern and is equipped with updated features.
Cons of Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw
- Expensive: If you have a lower budget then you can skip this appliance.
- Poor outcome: some time the machine malfunctions due to lack of maintenance. However, you can check the track saw comparison to gain better insights.
Grizzly Industrial T10687 – 6-1/4″ Track Saw
Special features of Grizzly Industrial T10687 – 6-1/4″ Track Saw
- Buying this industrial saw won’t be wrong as you can cut several materials effortlessly. You can cut double-coated MDF boards, solid wood worktops, and others.
- With a cutting depth of 2-5/32, you can make accurate cuts on the wooden sheets.
- This industrial track saw is equipped with a riving knife to restrict kickbacks.
- The stylish outlook is impressive.
Pros of Grizzly Industrial T10687 – 6-1/4″ Track Saw
- Premium material: This best track saw is assembled with premium quality materials that assist the machine for a long time.
- Anti-kickback protection: There is a built-in riving knife that supports the anti-kickback protection system.
- The outlook: If outlook matters to you can think of buying this table saw with variable speed.
- Simple settings: Easy specifications encourage several buyers to buy this product.
Cons of Grizzly Industrial T10687 – 6-1/4″ Track Saw
- It won’t shut off properly: Due to poor performance, the machine often fails to turn off properly.
- Unsatisfactory outcome: You cannot cut through solid wooden materials.
Grizzly Industrial T10824-4-1/2″ Mini Track Saw
Special features of Grizzly Industrial T10824-4-1/2″ Mini Track Saw
- You can use this mini-track saw only for lightweight projects.
- This mini-track saw is lightweight and can be carried to various outdoor locations.
- It offers a cutting depth of 30.5 mm.
- The engine runs on 110V.
Pros of Grizzly Industrial T10824-4-1/2″ Mini Track Saw
- Lightweight: This portable mini track saw is carriable and easy-to-use.
- Simple features: You will love using this track saw as it encourages simple specifications.
- The material: You can rely on this product as it is assembled of good quality parts,
- The size: if you are looking for a mini track saw for light works, then buying this gadget will be fine.
Cons of Grizzly Industrial T10824-4-1/2″ Mini Track Saw
- Limited service area: With this mini saw, you cannot cut heavyweight wooden materials
- The price: At the mentioned price of this device you will get a powerful heavy-duty track saw with better performance.
DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
Special features of DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
- You can buy this robust circular saw from the house of DEWALT as it can make 50-degree bevel cuts effectively.
- This cool wood cutting device is equipped with a 6.5-Inch carbide-tipped blade that precisely cut wooden sheets, melamine, and plywoods.
- The comfortable handle offers ease to the user.
- This robust circular saw is durable.
Pros of DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
- The brand name: DEWALT is a reputed brand that has been providing high-quality devices for years.
- The sharp blades: With this best track saw you get super-sharp blades that precisely cut through the workpieces.
- The handles: The soft and comfortable hands provide a firm grip to the user while applying this appliance.
- Durability: You can blindly trust this Max circular saw as it is assembled of premium materials.
Cons of DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
- Batter and charger are not included: You will have to invest separately in the battery and charger.
- Gets overheated: While using this gadget, the motor gets overheated, which is severely dangerous.
The best track saw in 2023: From the editor’s desk
Picking up the best product from an ample of options is a herculean task indeed. However, it is always a good habit to consider the track saw review before investing your money. After reviewing all the track saws, Festool 575387 Plunge Cut Track Saw appears to be top the list. This smart device looks robust and provides valuable advantages to the users. However, it has two negligible cons that make no difference to the outcome. Therefore, if you are planning to buy the best track saw add the mentioned track saw from the house of Festool.
How to use the best track saw?
Before you buy a powerful track saw, you need to learn that track saws are specially designed for trimming wood-based materials like lumber, plywood, and melamine. If you try to crop non-wood materials such as aluminum, ceramic, or steel then your Amazon track saw may get damaged severely. Let’s check out the proper methods of using the best track saw.
Select the blade
In the first step, you will have to pick up the right blade that will support your purpose. For normal wood shaping work, you can opt for a blade with 14 teeth. But to chop plywood and melamine a blade with 48 teeth will be ideal. Choosing the right blade will give it a smoother edge and an impressive finishing.
Adjust the cutting depth
In the next step, you will have to set the cutting depth for the blades. Skilled carpenters suggest not to trim a wooden board less than 1/8″ depth by a track saw Amazon. However, as intense depth often lacks accuracy, set the depth at a point where it will reduce the chances of kickbacks.
Use the track rail
The best part of the best plunge saws is that it enables you to utilize a guide rail. With this system, you can easily have apt straight cuts on the wooden doors, plywoods, and melamines. The stripes of the F-clamp, secure the best value track saw with the workpiece and you can effortlessly glide the best track saw along the straight splitting line.
Make plunge cuts
With a top-rated track saw you can make straight cuts by placing the appliance anywhere on the workpiece, even in the middle. However, as you can’t see the cutting depth while making plunge cuts, before plunging the blade into the workpiece you need to make sure that the splitting way is clear of any hurdles. To purchase the best appliance, we suggest you consider the best track saw review before spending your hard-earned money.
Start your tool
To start the machine, you will have to tap the plunge release so that the blades come out from the machinery. Next, press the power button, to start the motor without letting the plunge release go of. Next, keep on pressing both the switches to handle your cutting project with the active track saw.
Set the apt speed for the blades
You should not just jam the blade into the workpiece just after it is activated, this will hamper both the blades and the workpiece. Furthermore, it fuels risks as kickbacks. Pull the trigger, until the blades gain the desired velocity. A blade rotating at the right speed is enabled to cut faster and cleaner.
Different types of power saws to enrich your knowledge
Before investing in the best track saw it would be wise to learn about various saws available in the e-market. When it is about buying a saw, you must consider buying portable power saws. Just check out the 10 variations of the best track saw mentioned below,
- Chain saw: A chain saw is equipped with a chain ornamented by sharp ripping teeth. As chainsaws are specially designed, they come under the category of band saws. However, unlike other saws, most people use chain saws for tree works.
- Chop saw: The chop saw is a different version of circular saws. Chop saws are manufactured for both masonry and metal cutting work. The saws used for concrete work need access to water to bring down the dust while cutting. Chop saws do not possess ripping teeth but abrasive blades that easily cut through tough metals and concrete. For this reason, chop saws are also known as concrete saws, cut-off saws, and abrasive saws.
- Circular saw: Circular saws are perhaps the most common type of cutting equipment available in the market. Equipped with sharp-toothed blades, these saws can split metal, masonry, wood, concrete, plastic, and whatnot. However, before you pay for it, make sure to consider the track saw reviews 2023 for the best purchase. We also have a great article on finding the best cordless circular saw.
- Compound miter saw: The best part of these types of saws is that they can cut on various adjustable angles. Unlike other saws, this appliance is equipped with sharp blades on an arm that can move up and down while chopping the materials. With a compound miter saw you can effortlessly make miter, compound, and straight cuts at the first attempt. Buy this gadget if you feel like adding crown molding or trimming out the window frame.
- Jigsaw: This is a handheld saw that can be used to work on non-straight lines and curves. This useful appliance is assembled with sharp-toothed blades that run at various speeds. You can opt for both cordless or corded jigsaws at Amazons.
- Miter saw: If you are looking for a saw for trimming, angle cuts, or precisely measured cuts then buying a miter saw will be perfect. Miter saws can rotate from 45 degrees to 90 degrees for angular cuts.
Important things to consider while purchasing the best track saw
when you are spending your hard-earned $$ make sure to check out some crucial factors before everything else. Decisions are taken in a haste often come out to be a mess.
Have you fixed your budget?
You should always fix the amount you are ready to spend on the best track saw 2023. If you check thoroughly, you will get ample of available options in the online stores. This will confuse you to a great extent. If you have selected your rate, filter the options, and get the best table saw at a budget that will suit your pocket. However, there is nothing wrong with exceeding your budget to get the top-rated tracksaw kit. Hence it would be wise to consider the best track saw reviews to add more insights while purchasing a wood cutting appliance.
What is your purpose?
Well, this is an important factor to consider while buying the best budget track saw. Several types of saws are implemented for different tasks. For example, chain saws are required for cutting trees, Rotary saws are required for construction work and scroll saws are used for cutting spiral lines and intricate scrollwork. However, you can also gain knowledge regarding the pros and cons of the top 10 reviews of the best track saw. Hence decide your purpose before observing the saws available in the eCommerce stores.
Do you prefer the best brand for your purchase?
The fact cannot be denied that top brands never compromise with quality. When you are buying a 12 amp motor plunge cut saw, consider a reputed brand with several positive reviews. On the other hand, if you purchase your wood cutting appliance from an unknown house you may come out to be the one from the buyers posting negative reviews due to disgusting experience. Check out the track saws reviews to gain a clearer idea.
What eCommerce store you generally prefer?
Similar to the brand you should always choose a reliable eCommerce store that deals only with the authentic sellers providing quality appliances. Amazon is one of the first-rate online markets that appears to gather genuine sellers offering trustworthy goods. Hence, try to purchase the high-end plunge-cutting saw blade with power tools from the best eCommerce store such as Amazon.
Do you want special saw features?
Buying a track saw requires one to monitor several aspects. Different large cutting appliances are adorned with unique features. Some come with kickback protection, on the other hand, some come with a 9 amp motor and high-standard cut quality. You will have to decide what features you prefer in your plunge circular saw. It would be smart to check the special features mentioned on the track and see reviews for a better understanding. Some saws have built-in dust collectors but for others you will need to acquire a separate one.
Have you ever thought of exchanging your old cut track saw with a new one?
Well, exchange offers are always attractive. Some sellers prefer to have your old plunge saw and offer alluring discounts on the new purchase in return. Hence it would be wise to purchase a table or circular saw from sellers offering an exchange offer. Otherwise, there will be no use of your old saw except for getting rusted.
Is your table saw returnable?
Online purchase lets you buy your desirable items from the comfort of your home. But it doesn’t allow you to touch the material or switch it on to check how does it work! Hence, often buyers tend to return the product due to several inconveniences. But what if your seller provides the best track saws that are not returnable? In such cases, you won’t be able to return the gadget no matter what issues you face. Hence always check if the product is returnable before placing your order.
Do you wish to pay the delivery fee?
We know you don’t. Well, a few sellers applied delivery charges even if you shop for an expensive item. But a few sellers don’t apply any delivery charge on the purchase. Hence before placing the order make sure that the very seller has not applied any delivery fee on your purchase.
How to pick up the best track saw?
To select the best cordless track saw 2023 you must go through the top 10 track saw reviews 2023. No wonder, only the honest reviews will give you in-depth ideas about the pros and cons of the best wood cutting appliance. Else, the reviews will get you familiar with the special features of the high-quality saws. You should always invest in a gadget after observing various machines of the same category on the online platform.
What is a track saw used for?
A track saw is designed to make straight, angular, and deep cuts on the workpiece. However, it is to mention that a track saw is designed to make cuts only on the wood materials such as plywood and melamine. To cut metals and plastics you must consider buying other types of circular saw or jigsaw.
Where can you get track saws with a fantastic cutting capacity?
To buy a Dewalt dws520k track saw you can check out the accessible options at Amazon. Reputed eCommerce stores display multiple types of plunge cut track saw with different features. Just observe various specifications and pick the gadget that suits your requirement in the best way.
How does a track saw work?
If you don’t know how to run a track saw, you must follow the brochure that comes along with the gadget. All you need to follow the mentioned steps,
- Select the material and prepare the workpiece.
- Affix appropriate blades for bevel cuts.
- Measure the cutting depth
- have the right track rail
- Start your tool.
James has been working with lot’s of power tool brands like Husqvarna, Makita and WORX for over 12 years. With his passion for power tools and gardening he is helping both consumers and businesses with his expertise. He now runs the editorial team at HomeGearExpert and loves to support local charities in his spare time.