Are you looking for the best reciprocating saw in 2021 or an ultimate buying guide for your reciprocating saws to pick the best possible one among all? Well then, you have come to the right place, here we at Home Gear Expert, have handpicked top 10 saws with impeccable features and affordable rates.
- What is a reciprocating saw and its usage?
- Top 10 best reciprocating saw in 2021
- GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- EREBUS 20V Cordless Li-ion Reciprocating Saw
- CRAFTSMAN Reciprocating Saw
- DEWALT 20V MAX XR Reciprocating Saw
- DEWALT Reciprocating Saw 12-amp
- SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- WORX WX550L.9 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw
- GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- Editor’s Verdict: Which is the best reciprocating saw in 2021?
- Different types of best reciprocating saws available in the e-stores
- Cons of corded reciprocating saws
- Pros of cordless reciprocating saws:
- Cons of cordless reciprocating saws:
- Pros of compact reciprocating saws:
- Cons of compact reciprocating saws:
- Pros of Pneumatic reciprocating saws:
- Cons of Pneumatic reciprocating saws:
- Pros of mini reciprocating saws:
- Cons of reciprocating saws:
- Pros of Plumbing reciprocating saw:
- Cons of HVAC reciprocating saw
- How to maintain the best reciprocating saw?
- Things to keep in mind while buying the best reciprocating saw 2021
What is a reciprocating saw and its usage?
A Reciprocating saw, or Sabre saw, is used to rip out old fittings. In this COVID-19 situation, it is hazardous and life-threatening to visit the stores physically. You must be well-equipped with various gadgets to fix issues by DIY techniques. With the best Reciprocating saw, you can cut through nails and metal pipes. Else, you can use a fine-tooth blade that resembles a hacksaw. With a coarse blade, you can penetrate wood furniture. To tear plaster, you will need a coarsest tooth-blade. In the end, to cut through ceramic tile, stone, and cast iron, you will need tungsten coated toothless blades.
As per The New Hampshire Gazette, nearly 85% of the citizens have visited eCommerce stores to buy the best reciprocating saw. Therefore, if you want to buy a cordless reciprocating saw, then consider reading the reciprocal saw reviews before placing your order. It is never a smart idea to spend money on a gadget without knowing the pros and cons. Amazon is a reputed e-store that offers high-standard reciprocating cordless saw starting from $43. The editor has prepared a list of the top 10 best reciprocating saws to ease every buyer’s labor.
Top 10 best reciprocating saw in 2021
GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
Special features of GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- With 20V battery power, this best reciprocating saw quickly cut through metals, thick wood, and concrete.
- This powerful appliance comes with a 1-hour fast charger.
- The soft rubber handle is designed to offer ease to the user.
- You can buy this lever-actuated blade changing mechanism that encourages fast penetration.
pros of GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- Fast slicing: With this reciprocating saw, you can cut through the heavyweight materials at a swift pace.\
- High-quality material: The quality of the interior parts are of quality.
- Additional accessories: With this product, you will receive 1 reciprocating saw, 2 metal saw blades, 3 wood saw blades, 1 fast charger, 1 20V battery, and 1 warranty card.
- Cordless: You won’t have the hazard of plugging in this gadget to the power socket.
Cons of GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- Unsatisfactory outcome: The outcome may not meet your requirement.
- Heavy-weight: Battery-powered reciprocating saws are comparatively heavyweight than others.
EREBUS 20V Cordless Li-ion Reciprocating Saw
Special features of EREBUS 20V Cordless Li-ion Reciprocating Saw
- This best reciprocating saw comes with a 2000 MAH battery that cuts through the material quickly.
- From PVC, fiberglass to masonry, and metal, this cordless reciprocating saw can demolish anything.
- You can buy this machine as it is equipped with a variable speed trigger, 3000 SPM, along with a battery power indicator.
- There is a lock-on butter with which you can lock the speed.
Pros of EREBUS 20V Cordless Li-ion Reciprocating Saw
- Spare tools: With this high-quality reciprocating saw, you will get 2 metal saw blades, 3 wood saw blades, 24 months warranty card, and 1 20V battery.
- The fantastic grip: The soft silicone grip handle suitably fits both left and right hands.
- Wide service area: You can use this best reciprocating saw to a wide service area. Starting from solid concrete to metal pipes, you can tear anything.
- Durability: You can rely on this product as it is durable and runs a long race.
Cons of EREBUS 20V Cordless Li-ion Reciprocating Saw
- Low-battery: The battery quality of this model is very low.
- Non-functioning parts: The Interior parts may stop assisting you all of a sudden.
CRAFTSMAN Reciprocating Saw
Special features of CRAFTSMAN Reciprocating Saw
- You can think of buying this high-performance reciprocating saw as it comes with a 1-1/8 inch stroke length.
- The variable speed trigger ranges from 0-3. You can easily change the blades without any complications.
- With a 3 year limited warranty, this robust saw commits to assisting you for years.
- You can easily carry this product to various places.
Pros of CRAFTSMAN Reciprocating Saw
- The comfortable handle: Buying this best reciprocating saw will be right as it features a comfortable grip.
- Robust quality: The material of this product is premium.
- Durable: Due to the high-quality material, this product aims to run a long race.
- The brand value: CRAFTSMAN is a reputed company that produces only first-rate equipment.
Cons of CRAFTSMAN Reciprocating Saw
- The blades: The blades do not get adequately affixed to the saw.
- Complex features: If you are looking for a saw with more superficial features, it would be wise to skip this product.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Reciprocating Saw
Special features of DEWALT 20V MAX XR Reciprocating Saw
- This is a compact reciprocating saw featuring a bright LED light.
- The variable trigger ranges from 0-2900 SPM.
- Investing in this best reciprocating saw will be wise as it comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- If outlook matters to you, then buying this smart-looking saw will be fine.
Pros of DEWALT 20V MAX XR Reciprocating Saw
- The bright LED light: The LED light allows you to work even in the low light condition.
- Smart design: The cool design is palpable.
- User-friendly: You can think of buying this best reciprocating saw as it encourages user-friendly specifications.
- Fast penetration: With this machine, you can cut through the material at a swift pace.
Cons of DEWALT 20V MAX XR Reciprocating Saw
- Heavyweight: Unlike other corded reciprocating saws, this battery-powered machine is heavyweight.
- Noisy: It makes odd noise while slicing materials.
DEWALT Reciprocating Saw 12-amp
Special features of DEWALT Reciprocating Saw 12-amp.
- This high-quality reciprocating saw with a 12-AMP motor offers 0-2900 strokes per minute, at 1-1/8 stroke length.
- For flush cutting, it features a 4-position blade clamp.
- To control the speed, this best reciprocating saw is empowered with a variable speed trigger.
- Unlike other reciprocating saws, it comes with a keyless lever-action blade clamp.
Pros of DEWALT Reciprocating Saw 12-amp
- Use-friendly approach: You can invest in this cordless reciprocating saw as it features simple specifications.
- Lightweight: As no battery is involved, this product is lightweight and easy to use.
- Long performance time: You can use this best reciprocating saw without any interruption.
- High-quality material: The durable material provides this DEWALT product with a longer lifespan.
Cons of DEWALT Reciprocating Saw 12-amp
- Expensive: People with higher budget planning can buy these reciprocating saws corded.
- Bad outcome: The poor result may disappoint you.
SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp Reciprocating Saw
Special features of SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- This 13- amp reciprocating saw is adorned with Buzzkill technology that supports excellent class in-line vibration.
- With a 1-1/8 inch stroke length, this machine comes with impressive cutting speed.
- The powerful motor can handle a wide range of different services.
- The simple features are appreciable.
Pros of SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- Looks robust: The design is very stylish and easy-to-handle.
- Durable material: Due to the substantial body parts, this equipment promises to run a long race.
- The powerful motor: The strong motor can rip out even the heavyweight metals.
- Easy to handle: The strong grip enables the user to enjoy an easeful penetration.
Cons of SKILSAW SPT44A-00 13 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- Heavyweight: This best reciprocating saw weighs nearly 9 pounds.
- Weak structure: The structure is poorly designed. However, if you are looking for cordless models, feel free to go through the reciprocal saw reviews.
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
Special features of BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- You can buy this battery-powered reciprocating saw as it provides 7-8 inches strokes per minute.
- This premium product appreciates tool-less blade change and variable speed trigger.
- The battery volt ranges from 18v-20 v.
- If you buy this best reciprocating saw with the charger, it will cost you $101.68, but without the charger, you can get this item at just $43.63.
Pros of BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- Impressive outcome: This quality reciprocating saw covers a wide range of service areas.
- Simple use: If you wish to skip complex specifications, you can think of buying it.
- The useful design: The structure is instrumental and handy to work for hours.
- Durability: To appreciate DIY techniques, you can consider buying this durable reciprocating saw.
Cons of BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- Separate battery: You will have to buy the batteries separately.
- Defective parts: The defective body parts will disappoint you to a great extent.
WORX WX550L.9 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw
Special features of WORX WX550L.9 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw
- The best part of this equipment is that it serves as both a jigsaw and a reciprocating saw.
- The circular motion can tear up any material and metal at the first attempt.
- You will not regret investing in this equipment as it is compatible with outdoor power, 40v tools, 20v tools, and lifestyle products.
- You can easily handle this best reciprocating saw as it weighs only 4 pounds and makes perfect slices.
Pros of WORX WX550L.9 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw
- Dust blower: Unlike other equipment, this best reciprocating saw features a dust blower that keeps debris and dust at bay. With this feature, you get clearer visibility while penetrating the materials.
- A wide range of service areas: Invest in this best reciprocating saw, and you can cut through PVC pipe, ceramic tile, aluminum, wood, copper, even roots, plastic, fiberglass, and tree limbs.
- Easy installation: It is very easy-to-use as any kind of blades can equip this reciprocating saw.
- Powerful grip: The smart design will allow you to hold this gadget with a comfortable grip.
Cons of WORX WX550L.9 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw
- Heavyweight: As this product is battery-powered, it is heavier than the normal corded reciprocating saws.
- Invest separately: For the battery and charger, you will have to pay separately.
GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
Special features of GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- This 7.5 amp reciprocating saw encourages satisfactory cutting at 2,800 SPM.
- The stroke length of this GALAX Pro reciprocating saw is 28 mm. For metal and wood, this best reciprocating saw appreciates a cutting depth of 150 mm.
- The quick-change chuck lets you execute tool-less blade change without any spare tools.
- With this fantastic model, you will get 1 reciprocating saw,1 metal saw blade, 1 Allen key, 1 user manual, 1 wood saw blade and 1 warranty card.
Pros of GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- The handle: The ergonomic silicone handles are comfortably soft and provide a firm grip for both right-handed and left-handed users.
- Powerful motor: You can cut through several solid materials as this machine is equipped with a 120V motor.
- No vibration: Consider buying this Superb reciprocating saw as it has a fantastic vibration control feature.
- User-friendly: If you want to avoid complex appliances, then buy this reciprocating saw with simple specifications.
Cons of GALAX PRO Reciprocating Saw
- Very dangerous: You will have to use this gadget carefully as the blades often pop out of the machine.
- Poor outcome: The unsatisfactory outcome will affect your patience.
PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
Special features of PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- This is a battery-powered portable reciprocating saw weighing 4 pounds.
- With a variable speed trigger, this product delivers 1″ stroke length.
- The compact and user-friendly design enables you to work well, even in tight spaces.
- Invest in this best reciprocating saw as it enables you to enjoy a tool-free blade change process.
Pros of PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- The smart design: The design is very palpable as it can efficiently serve in tight spaces.
- High-quality product: Each piece of this machinery is made of solid material.
- Simple use: When you invest in a DIY y gadget, make sure to pick up a machine with less-complicated specifications.
- Durable: This battery-powered reciprocating saw appears with great longevity.
Cons of PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw
- Low-quality blades: The blades may start malfunctioning in just 1 month.
- Smoke: As you plug in the machine, it starts emitting smoke, which can be dangerous.
Editor’s Verdict: Which is the best reciprocating saw in 2021?
Finding the best reciprocating saw is always a tiresome task. After considering the top 10 list of the saws, WORX WX550L.9 20V AXIS 2-in-1 Reciprocating Saw appears to be the best. This powerful saw can cut through several materials without much effort. Two minor cons won’t make any difference. Hence, investing in this model won’t be any wrong. However, it is always wise to consider reciprocating saw reviews before placing an order.
Different types of best reciprocating saws available in the e-stores
No wonder reciprocal saws are essential equipment for the professional tradesmen. For example, a reciprocating saw is much easier to carry than a track saw. You can effortlessly slice crannies and nook using the best reciprocating saw. To execute different tasks, you will need other reciprocating saws with unique sizes, values, and outcomes. As there are various types of reciprocating saws available in the market, you must go through the below types of reciprocating saws corded to keep confusion at bay.
- Corded reciprocating saws:
Corded battery-powered reciprocating saws are also familiar as corded Sawzall. You will find no complications while changing the batteries. It can prune hardwood effectively at a rate of 11 amps. While cutting through the small tree branches, you can set the power at 7-10 amps.
- This product is widely accessible in the online market.
- You can doubtlessly afford corded reciprocating saws.
- These products are reliable and durable.
- You may not know, but corded saws come with more powerful batteries.
- The consistent power supply will ease your labor.
Cons of corded reciprocating saws
- There is a chance of accidents due to the power cord.
- You will always need plug points to run this machine.
- Cordless reciprocating saws:
Cordless reciprocating saws are also known as handheld saws. This equipment is handier than the corded saws. You can easily carry this equipment to your workplace or outdoor locations. Else, this machine is perfect for working standing on scaffoldings or ladders.
Pros of cordless reciprocating saws:
- You will find this machine very convenient in the workplace.
- Cordless reciprocating saws are portable and can be adjusted to any place.
- The lithium-ion batteries provide powerful performance.
- The best reciprocating saw cordless comes with brushless motors that appear to be very, very compatible with outdoor assignments.
Cons of cordless reciprocating saws:
- If the batteries give out, the machine will stop working.
- You will find it expensive to charge the batteries.
- Due to the batteries, cordless saws are a bit heavier than others.
- 3. One-handed/compact reciprocating saws:
One-handed reciprocating saws are widely appreciated by most of the buyers due to the attractive and lightweight design. Compact reciprocating saws are very durable and convenient to use.
Pros of compact reciprocating saws:
- You don’t need to use both of your hands to run this equipment,
- You can use one-handed reciprocating saws to interior walls, crawl spaces, and plumbing closets.
- The size is very convenient to use on this machine.
Cons of compact reciprocating saws:
- It cannot run for a long time uninterruptedly.
- The small blades fail to cut thick materials.
- Due to the small size, you will have to put more effort while applying this saw.
- 4. Pneumatic reciprocating saws:
To run this type of reciprocating saw, you will need one air compressor. Pneumatic reciprocating saws are perfect for commercial and industrial applications. Pneumatic reciprocating saws can effectively serve in areas like gas refining and chemical plants.
Pros of Pneumatic reciprocating saws:
- The pneumatic reciprocating saws highly benefit the commercial and industrial sectors.
- The engineless design makes this equipment lightweight and durable.
- It makes no noise while running.
- In-built cooling capacity.
Cons of Pneumatic reciprocating saws:
- You cannot move pneumatic saws from one place to another quickly.
- One air compressor will be needed.
- There are limited manufacturing companies for pneumatic reciprocating saws.
- 5. mini reciprocating saws:
There are several types of mini reciprocating saws you will obtain in the e-stores. The smallest one comes with a 12-inch blade size.
Pros of mini reciprocating saws:
- These are lightweight and easy-to-carry.
- Mini reciprocating saws are very convenient for hindrance areas.
Cons of reciprocating saws:
- Mini saws cannot handle heavy tasks.
- With a mini reciprocating saw, demolition or home construction is not possible.
- 6. Plumbing or HVAC reciprocating saw:
When it comes to plumbing, only a few inches of space is available there. Plumbing reciprocating saws can effectively manage to work in tight spaces. Apart from the plumbing areas, the HVAC spaces are also limited. Plumbing reciprocating saws work well on crawl spaces and inside walls. If you want to trim down unwanted material from drywall, buying an HVAC reciprocating saw will be wise.
Pros of Plumbing reciprocating saw:
- While working in plumbing areas, you can adjust this saw in various ways.
- It can safely work on pipes.
- This product can easily be adjusted in tight spaces.
- For HVAC services, one will need this product.
Cons of HVAC reciprocating saw
- Cannot handle heavy-weight tasks
- Need to adjust mini saws.
How to maintain the best reciprocating saw?
If you plan to have one reciprocating saw, then make sure you know the right maintenance process. A cordless reciprocating saw is made for a wide range of purposes. You must pay attention to several maintenance tips to make your saw work for the long term. Just check out the mentioned tips, and you will love working with your best reciprocal saw,
- Use the apt tools for the intended service area: No wonder the best reciprocating saw can cut through several materials such as metal, wood, plastic, ceramic tiles, masonry, concrete, and others. But you must equip your saw reciprocating gadget with appropriate tools, lubricants, and blades. When working on more challenging and solid materials like masonry, ceramic, and concrete, you must apply adequate lubricant to reduce damage on the blades. Apart from that, if you apply lubricant, it will multiply your small reciprocating saw’s efficiency and lifespan. However, you need to ensure that no inflammable grease is applied; otherwise, frictions may ignite the lubricant. In the end, equip your saw with appropriate blades to assist you in different working environments. For example, if you use small blades to cut through thick concrete, it will do nothing but end up damaging your saw.
- The correct power source is essential: Different reciprocating saws at home depot come with different power requirements. If you do not plug your machine to a suitable socket providing adequate voltage output, it may affect the saw. In case you are using a cordless reciprocating saw, then equip the machine with substantial batteries providing the required power as instructed in the brochure. For pneumatic reciprocating saws, try to have an air compressor that matches the manufacturer’s features and specifications.
- Follow the manual while affixing and detaching the blades: As best reciprocating saws are developed to serve multiple sectors, they are built to assist different lades types. If you do not follow the manual, you won’t set the blades in the right ways as unique blades have unique processes to get affixed. Therefore, we advise you to go through the manual and equip your saw with the right blades appropriately for practical purposes. Furthermore, if you are dealing with a corded reciprocating saw, then make sure to separate the machine from the socket to avoid unwanted mishaps. Give enough time for the blades to release the heat.
- Clean the machine after every use: Do not let dust and dirt damage your expensive, smallest reciprocating saw. Clean the interior parts regularly and make sure no dust and debris are stuck inside the blades and motors. Else, saw debris can be hazardous for your eyes; hence wear glasses while cleaning your reciprocating saw. However, you should always rely on the reciprocating saw reviews prepared by the editor for a better purchase.
Things to keep in mind while buying the best reciprocating saw 2021
It is always wise to keep a few things in mind while investing in the best reciprocating saw. Purchasing a product online requires one to consider plenty of things. As the COVID-19 outbreak has chained the feet, you won’t be able to visit the market physically. While purchasing a product online, you cannot judge the material by touching or inspecting the interior parts—all you need to rely on the seller and the eCommerce store. Hence, make sure to go through the cordless reciprocating saw reviews and consider the below-mentioned factors.
- What kind of reciprocating saw do you prefer? Different eCommerce stores are flooded with various types of reciprocating saws covering diverse service areas. Hence before you buy one gadget, fix your service area. For residential work, you can go for mini reciprocating saws, else, for the industrial environment, heavy-duty saws will be perfect. We have mentioned various kinds of reciprocating saws along with suitable service areas. Just go through them and fix your purpose. Else, you can also consider the reciprocating saw review for a better understanding.
- Have you fixed your budget? This is an essential factor to consider. Without confirming a rate finding the right product will be a tiresome process. In the eCommerce store, you will come across several reciprocating saws of various ranges. Without a fixed budget, it will take you time to filter the choices. Therefore, confirm the amount you are willing to pay before visiting a reputed eCommerce store.
- Do you have any special features in mind? It is normal to expect various features when you are spending well on the best reciprocating saw. Different saws appear with unique specifications. You may relate to some features, while some may seem useless concerning your service area. Hence be wise to check out the special features before adding the saw to your cart.
- Why is being branded conscious a good habit? Well, to be sincere, top brands never compromise with quality. With the top brands, you can expect to get the highest quality material that commits to serving for years. Hence if you are all set to invest your hard-earned money, make sure to purchase the product from a prestigious brand. You can consider the top 10 list of best reciprocating saw for reference.
- Is the product returnable? Do not buy a reciprocating saw if it is not returnable! Online stores do not allow you to inspect the pieces of machinery physically. You will have to depend on the seller solely. However, what if you spot any defect while using the device? If the product is not returnable, you won’t be able to return it. Hence before finalizing the deal, check if the product is returnable or not.
- Does the seller provide any exchange offer? Exchange offers often appear to be profitable. If you have any old saw, you can exchange it with the new one and enjoy an attractive discount on the recent purchase. This is undoubtedly great!
- Do you want to pay for delivery fees? You don’t need to pay the delivery fees when you are purchasing an expensive machine. Several sellers apply a delivery service charge even if the buyer is buying an expensive product. To skip the delivery charge, try to place an order from a reliable seller who does not apply any delivery fee.
How to buy the vest reciprocating saw?
The ‘best’ reciprocating saw depends on the buyer’s aspects. If you are looking for a saw for the industrial environment, you will need to buy a heavy-duty reciprocating saw. But for domestic work, you can go for a mini reciprocating saw. You are free to consider the reciprocating saws review and pick up the best option for better guidance.
What is the reciprocating saw used for?
You can cut through metals, concrete, wood, ceramic tiles, and stones with a reciprocating saw. If you want to rip out old material from the furniture, you can also rely on the best reciprocating saw. Else to rip out the old fitting from your backdated furniture, you can use a reciprocating saw in the best way.
Is a Sawzall a reciprocating saw?
Corded reciprocating saws are known as Sawzall. If you want to avoid a battery-powered saw, then buying a Sawzall will be right.
Can I employ a reciprocating saw to prune trees?
Yes, of course! You can use a reciprocating saw to prune tree branches and shrubs. However, before the application, make sure you maintain the safety rules,
- Wear solid shoes
- Wear eyeglasses
- Wisely decide which branch to cut down.
James has been working with lot’s of power tool brands like Husqvarna, Makita and WORX for over 12 years. With his passion for power tools and gardening he is helping both consumers and businesses with his expertise. He now runs the editorial team at HomeGearExpert and loves to support local charities in his spare time.